Aug 17, 2011



All I can say is.. yum. I've been slow roasting batches of our cherry tomatoes for a couple weeks now. They are just so flavorful when slow roasted. Wow. I'm freezing most of them for future use. The recipe is from the wonderful Smitten Kitchen. It's a must try if you like tomatoes!

Slow Roasted Tomatoes

Cherry or grape tomatoes
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Halve each tomato in half crosswise and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, just enough to make the tomatoes glisten. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about three hours. The tomatoes should be shriveled and dry with a little juice left inside. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Anna said...

that's a great idea, i'll have to try that. thanks!

Vanessa said...

I am going to make these this weekend with all of our yellow cherry toms! I can't wait.